|Job Title||Analyst, Corporate Finance|
|Experience||6 - 0 years|
|Minimum Qualification||HND / NCE|
|Application Closes||Tuesday, 20 August 2019|
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable.
It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition. We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Analyst, Corporate Finance
- Assist MTNN in meeting its financial and regulatory obligations to its lenders and other counter parties and prepare analysis that will aid long term liquidity management
- Prepare Treasury yearly budget, upload to Hyperion and prepare monthly budget variance report to Senior Manager Treasury.
- Analyse and prepare Treasury reports such as cash collection reports, FOREX exposure reports by purchase order, monthly and cash disbursement reports to aid financial management decision.
- Gather and analyse data on expenditures relating to CAPEX and OPEX to optimise cash forecast.
- Act as focal point for Treasury Accounting responsibilities, carrying out monthly verification of credit interest and bank charges, booking of banking investments, funds transfers and income, reviewing reports on dealer and postpaid collection sweeps and compiling necessary documents for year-end audit.
- Facilitate the administration and settlement of MTF related payments (principal repayment, interest and fees as it relates to borrowing).
- Monitor and confirm the completeness and accuracy of Corporate Finance related GL posting.
- Facilitate settlement and administration of shareholders’ dividend distribution, assisting with all exchange control approvals needed, confirming settlement to the company secretary and ensure accurate posting on IFS.
- Maintain financing records and audit trail in strict compliance to MTNN policies and procedures.
- Collate information relating to MTNN business for updating the Supplemental Information Memorandum to the lenders.
- Maintain best practice as it relates to corporate finance policies, processes, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly journals (accruals and amortisation schedules) and ensure they are in line with accounting standards.
- Distribute all authorised reports to lenders and financial institutions.
- Ensure value creation when engaging with Customer
- Ensure value is created through effective stakeholder management
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First degree in Accounting, Economics or any Finance related discipline.
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CFA)
- 3-7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in financial environment in Corporate Finance, Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Strong Knowledge of ERP (IFS)
- Knowledge in Trade Finance
- Experience in Management Information Reporting Application (OFA)
- Experience in good accounting practices and the Nigerian policy environment
- Experience in Cash Management and Corporate Finance
- Experience in Corporate Treasury environment
- Up-to-Date knowledge of the money and capital markets
- Corporate Financial Modelling
- Financial statements Analysis
- Understanding of IFRS
- Microsoft Office products
- Data Mining and Analysis
- Money market
- Project Finance
- Capital Market