|Job Title||Branch Program Manager|
|Experience||3 - 4 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Wednesday, 20 March 2019|
Job Title: Bench Program Manager
Locations: Lagos – Nigeria, Nairobi – Kenya, Kampala – Uganda
About the Department
- Andela’s Talent Development department creates the required programs, curriculum, facilitation, and partnerships that ensure our developers meet Andela’s “developer specifications” in a timely, efficient, scalable manner.
About the Role
- We are seeking a Bench Program Manager who will co-design and manage a program that further prepares our developers in a way that fulfills the Staffing department’s needs. The program will be required to deliver high developer satisfaction that drives retention.
- Find challenging work/experience for developers on the bench that keeps their skills sharp and also provides some business value to Andela/the local ecosystems in operating markets. In addition, the Bench Program Manager will ensure tight alignment between the skills developers gain while on the Bench and the current market demand.
- Finally the Bench Program Manager will optimize the Bench program to simplify staffing process and cut staffing time when an opportunity opens up for developers on the Bench to staff a partner’s team.
- Own the Andela waitlist – otherwise known as the Bench – of developers in the ‘Developer-Growth’ phase of their journey within the fellowship. Be responsible for the utilization of devs that are on the waitlist.
- Design programs that allocate Devs on the waitlist to one of several streams including but not limited to – Internal Products, External Products, Double Stacking, Open Source participation, and Leadership Practice.
- Collaborate with the Bench Product Manager around the Internal/External product streams.
- Directly oversee Double Stacking, Open Source programs and the Leadership Practice including performance management oversight (ex; SMART action plans and performance improvement plans).
- Collaborate with Apprenticeship and Staffing teams in understanding the pipeline coming into the Bench at any given time and planning their onboarding.
- Collaborate with the Staffing and TDD Ops teams in reducing friction around how Devs are off-boarded from the Bench.
- Report and be accountable to stakeholders on the status of the bench.
- to mentor the teams and help them to ensure the products they are building meet the program goals.
- Recruit and assign senior developers, as Technical Team Leads (TTLs), to oversee:
- Product quality (ex: code reviews, PR submissions) meets program goals
- Compliance and quality of performance feedback for utilized developers
- Vacation requests
- Performance management plans
- Manage the Technical Team Coordinator who helps to oversee the TTLs and ensure the overall bench program quality is met.
- Ensure successful and consistent execution of onboarding/offboarding processes of bench developers and the TTLs working closely with Staffing Manager.
- Ensure bench developer action-plans and performance improvement plans are well executed by the TTLs.
- Manage, monitor and track time spent on projects by the bench developers and TTLs.
- Compliance and quality metrics for performance feedback for all utilized bench developers
- % bench utilization
- Have successfully worked as a program manager. You’ve actuated teams operationally to materialize the goals of multiple simultaneous projects on time while maintaining quality.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in software product management, software development or technology consulting
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Application closed on: Wednesday, 20 March 2019
A Few Similar Active Jobs
Favmicar consult limited in Lagos (NG)
- 2 - 5 years
- University Degree B.SC or B.A
Job Title: Marketing ManagerLocation: LagosJob DescriptionInterviews, hires, and trains marketing staff membersResearches and analyses market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor prod...