|Job Title||Broadcast Engineer|
|Experience||2 - 0 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Sunday, 30 June 2019|
Megalectrics Limited is a reputable and wholly owned indigenous company with its headquarters in Lagos. The company was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in July of 2001. The company is presently operating three (3) radio stations from our 26, Keffi Street, Ikoyi office.
And recently, 2 new stations (The Beat 97.9FM and Naija FM 102.7) were set-up in Ibadan, Oyo State; making five (5) radio stations operated by Megalectrics Ltd. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Broadcast Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Purpose of Classification
- Provides technical support to broadcast facilities in repair, maintenance, installation and modification of technical broadcasting equipment.
- Incumbents in this classification travel to remote locations for equipment repair, work under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines, make decisions and take corrective action with supervision and are required to work various shifts within any 24 hour period of the week.
- Sets up, maintains and operates remote production facilities, to include all engineering activities associated with remote television productions.
- Tests and aligns new equipment prior to installation in broadcast facility.
- Sets up and maintains transmission equipment for broadcast and point-to-point microwave links.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs complex electronic, computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems. Repairs and maintains equipment in emergency and preventative situations.
- Sets up and operates various broadcasting equipment such as recording, video and editing equipment; checks equipment for operational readiness; provides operational assistance/instruction to others as needed.
- Prepares and maintains various technical records and engineering logs pertaining to broadcast equipment performance and discrepancies according to regulations.
- A degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, or related field with two years experience in broadcast engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge in maintenance, usage, and design of technical broadcast equipment.
- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org the job position applied for as subject of the e-mail.