|Job Title||Senior Electrical And Instrumentation Construction Engineer|
|Organisation||Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)|
|Experience||8 - 0 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Sunday, 14 July 2019|
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Construction Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Reference ID: 112966BR
Skillpool group: Health Safety Environment & Security
Roles & Responsibilities
- The position holder will have overall accountability to plan, organize, develop, lead and execute the electrical and instrumentation construction scope within the Bonga Asset Portfolio Projects within a complex deepwater brownfield environment.
- The position would ensure that all electrical and instrumentation construction activities are executed safely, on schedule, within budget and to the specifications and quality standards defined for the project.
The deliverables for the position include:
- Plan, manage and integrate electrical and instrumentation scopes in order to optimize resources allocations within the brownfield offshore environment
- Manage and drive the achievement of safety, cost, quality and schedule targets for onshore construction and offshore installation of electrical and instrumentation work scopes.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation construction inputs into SIMOPs, HAZOP, HAZID, SAFOP etc and other technical safety activities
- Conduct assurance of electrical and instrumentation construction equipment assurance for compliance to standards/requirements prior to deployment to construction site.
- Manage Permit To Work process during offshore construction execution of electrical and instrumentation scopes on Bonga FPSO
- Prepare and/or review and sign-off electrical and instrumentation construction and installation work packages
- Initiate and implement changes in electrical and instrumentation work scopes using Shell’s change management process
- Review and implement ComPex requirements at onshore and offshore construction worksites
- Develop and implement electrical and instrumentation construction resource plans and forecasts
- Carry out analyses and calculations to verify that specified electrical and instrument design and performance requirements are satisfied and are in compliance with all applicable codes, standards, rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement a ‘Work Safely’ initiative with respect to electrical and instrumentation construction offshore on Bonga FPSO
- Conduct constructability reviews and risk assessments for electrical and instrumentation scopes
- Manage the construction electrical and instrumentation interfaces with the design disciplines and also Bonga operations and maintenance teams
- Develop and implement electrical and instrumentation construction execution plans for each project and lead the implementation offshore Bonga FPSO
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong experience in field instrument specifications (Level, Pressure, Flow etc) installations, calibrations and commissioning
- Experience in brownfield control and electrical system upgrade will be an added advantage
- Strong HSE commitment and demonstrated HSE leadership skills.
- Experience with FPSO and Topsides electrical and instrumentation construction management.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work with and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with substantial uncertainty and multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities while staying focused on delivery.
- The position holder should have a minimum 2nd Class Lower degree in engineering and at least 8-15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry with a minimum of 5yrs as an electrical and instrument construction engineer within an oil and gas offshore environment, preferably deepwater.
- Strong experience in electrical and instrumentation detail design, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Experienced in design and implementation of integrated control and shutdown systems and Low Voltage and High Voltage power systems
- Demonstrated skills in electrical and instrumentation design integrity and completeness checks including the review of bill of materials
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: 14th July, 2019.