|Job Title||Internal Control Officer (Reconciliation Desk)|
|Organisation||ARM Life Plc|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Sunday, 20 January 2019|
Job Title: Internal Control Officer (Reconciliation Desk)
- The officer will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and reliability of transaction data captured within Operations Unit and reconciliation of bank statements to portfolios/funds core applications
- In addition, the officer will device and maintain a system of control sufficient to provide reasonable assurances on relevant company and clients’ related transactions
- The Internal Control unit would cover transactions processed by ARM Investment Managers and ARM Securities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily review of bank statements to identify outstanding transactions and resolution of reconciling items between the bank statements and the portfolios/funds core applications
- Perform daily reconciliation of Mutual funds and ensure timely clearing of all outstanding transactions
- Perform daily reconciliation of Instititional client funds and ensure timely clearing of all outstanding transactions
- Perform monthly reconciliations of ARM and Custodian records, which will include CITI reconciliation, CSCS reconciliation, and any other reconciliation activity assigned to you by your supervisors
- Document and circulate periodic reports to Management, and inputs on identified control gaps and key exceptions with needed process improvement opportunities
- Liaise with process owners to ensure the timely implementation of remedial actions to address identified exceptions
- Escalate instances of persistent instances of persistent control issues to Supervisor
- Perform special investigations when necessary to safeguard firm assets (e.g., fraud)
- Provide monthly internal control input for OPR collation, TAMCO, BARC and any such audience that may be required from time-to-time
- Escalate exceptional or aged items to the portfolio Managers, Treasury, E-payment & settlement, Investment Administration and Fund Account
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Supervisor.
- At-least 1-2 years experience in a similar role.
- A B.Sc Degree in relevant field
- Demonstrate good knowledge of accounting principles, financial markets and instruments (Preferably an accounting graduate).
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Good financial accounting and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office Applications
- Team player
- Good communication skills (oral & written).
Application closed on: Sunday, 20 January 2019
A Few Similar Active Jobs
Business Development Manager
AETI Power Systems and control limited in Lagos (NG)
- 8 - 10 years
- University Degree B.SC or B.A
AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited is a foremost engineering consulting company in Nigeria rendering the following services in the power sector: Hands-on Technical Training, Power Projects and Co...
Chief Risk Officer
The Nigerian Stock Exchange in Lagos (NG)
- 5 - 7 years
- University Degree B.SC or B.A
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer (CRO)Location: LagosDivision: CEODepartment: Enterprise Risk Management GroupReport to: Chief Executive OfficerGrade: CROEstimated Date Of Resumption: Friday, Febr...