|Job Title||Head Of Africa NBU Programs|
|Experience||12 - 15 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Thursday, 30 November 2017|
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
Google is proud to provide services to billions of Internet users around the world. While currently there are over 3 billion Internet users globally, more than 4 billion people are still not connected to the Internet and have not experienced the wonderful things that the Internet can bring to their lives.
Within the Next Billion Users team, we understand that there are some basic primitives like access & payments that are necessary to drive the growth of internet economies in NBU countries. Therefore we are committed to developing innovative access and other solutions and are working with key industry players to bring these products to market in Africa. The fast growing WiFi project with India Railtel is an example.
As the NBU programs lead for Africa, you will be responsible for driving the distribution/sales and execution of a number of NBU programs e.g. access, apps and payments solutions, in the country. For example in the case of access, since one size does not fit all, the role will require developing an inherent understanding of the unique needs of each market in the region and a customized solution that makes sense given the environment. You will be responsible for identifying the right sets of partners within each market and designing an engagement strategy with them to move towards the goal of connecting millions of new users in Africa. This role will require complex internal stakeholder management as you work with a cross-functional team across product, engineering and sales. You will gain exposure to critical growth markets for Google while defining & managing project plans, interacting with agencies and partners. insights into NBU consumers and strong analytical understanding is a must have besides strategic vision, leadership, creativity, attention to detail, project management and persuasive communication. As an important member of the NBU team, you will have a direct impact on the design and deployment of these innovative products and solutions in this region.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, DoubleClick Platform Solutions and the Ad Exchange, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
- Devise and lead implementing the strategy to scale and drive impact for the defined set of initiatives. You will need to design for scale, efficiency, and effectiveness and ensure results are measurable and measured.
- Work with a varied set of partners including industry forums and government organisations to drive initiative priorities.
- Collaborate closely with the central/regional and cross-functional teams across product, sales, and marketing to align on strategy, defining product roadmap and prioritization, go to market approach, execution planning and performance tracking.
- Communicate the progress of the project internally to leadership and to external partners highlighting progress metrics based on indepth analysis showcasing performance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 12 years of experience in business development or partnership management or equivalent project management experience at a technology company.
- Experience managing projects through the complete life cycle
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical skills and impeccable business judgment
- Demonstrated top quartile performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Demonstrated talent at building collaborative partnerships with external and internal partners/stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills