|Job Title||Stores Manager|
|Organisation||The International Institute of Tropical Agricultur|
|Experience||15 - 0 years|
|Minimum Qualification||Masters (M.Sc, MA, MBA)|
|Application Closes||Tuesday, 20 August 2019|
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stores Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Supervise the entire activities and operations of the main store;
- Ensure the establishment, implementation and keep under review processes, system, procedures, programmes and strategies to control investment in inventory;
- Ensure preparation and submission of accurate and timely monthly reports to management;
- Ensure an economical store working environment and operations for cost effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain an effective/efficient customer-oriented service system with the end users;
- Train, develop, motivate, coordinate, direct and control stores staff team for efficiency;
- Ensure that safety rules and regulations at work are adhere to within the store system;
- Ensure proactive risk management system within the store systems;
- Ensure the use of modern stock optimization process in the management of inventories;
- Ensure proper management of receipt and inspection of stock delivered to the institute;
- Keep track of the use and dispatch of the institute stock of materials;
- Maintain relevant documentation for all transactions and activities within the store system;
- Ensure safety and security of stock held regardless of location;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A master’s degree in a numerate discipline/Purchasing and Supply. A chartered professional certification in CIPS, CIPSMN is highly required.
- Minimum of 15 years performing same or related functions with a minimum of 8 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have sound analytical mind, high level of integrity, good interpersonal and
- communication skill (oral and written).
- little or no supervision;
- Have strong knowledge or oracle application and efficient inventory management.
- Have sound knowledge of inventory optimization models, meeting deadlines with
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
A Few Similar Active Jobs
Senior Manager, Strategy, Planning And Innovation
- 10 - 12 years
- University Degree B.SC or B.A
Customer Relationship Management Manager
- 2 - 5 years
- University Degree B.SC or B.A