|Organisation||Benue State University, Makurdi|
|Experience||3 - 0 years|
|Minimum Qualification||HND / NCE|
|Application Closes||Thursday, 06 June 2019|
Benue State University, Makurdi, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-today administration and control of the University Library.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible for the administration of the Library Services in the University and its Campuses, Colleges, Departments, Centres and Research Units.
Candidates must possess:
- Continuous productive research activity with the achievement of the status of an acknowledged authority in area of specialization;
- Dissemination of knowledge through academic and professional activities;
- Administrative ability and experience;
- Impeccable integrity and character.
- A minimum of twelve years cognate teaching/library experience at the University level, plus a Ph.D;
- A Minimum of three years as Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University;
- Considerable background in research with a minimum of 30 points in high quality publications and a minimum of 15 publications in circulation and three acceptances.
- Should be principal author in at least 50% of joint publications and not more than 50% of publications should come from journals/publishing houses based in locality;
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are as applicable in Federal/State-owned Universities, save as the Governing Council of the University may modify from time to time.
CONUASS7 i.e. (N2,485,099.00 – N3,209,140.00) annually.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 hard copies of their Applications along with their Curriculum Vitae outlining the following below:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address
- Educational institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained;
- Professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Working Experience;
- Names and addresses of three referees, two of whom must be in position to give academic and professional reference reports on the applicant(s).
All applications should be submitted to:
Benue State University,
P.M.B. 102119, Makurdi,
Applicants are advised to contact their referees to send their reference reports under confidential cover direct to “The Registrar” via the address above.