|Job Title||Monitoring And Evaluation Officer|
|Organisation||the north east regional initiative (NERI)|
|Experience||2 - 5 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Thursday, 21 February 2019|
The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer designs, develops and implements a monitoring and evaluation system within assigned area.
- He gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
- This position will be based at Borno, with extensive travel to project sites and the head office in Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The M&E Officer technically reports to the M&E Manager based in Abuja and administratively to the State Program Manager in Borno.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate weekly with M&E Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas.
- In concert with the M&E Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level projects.
- Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when additional information is needed to close grants.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to M&E Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Accurately interpret Bills of Quantities (BoQ) and grant database file shared by head office to determine indicators according which the Officer will be evaluating projects.
- Draft “final evaluation reports” (FER) based on prescribed format after visiting a grant site for verification of indicators.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in FERs.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with M&E Manager when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is required..
- 2 years’ relevant experience in field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- At least 4 years of general work experience is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
Strong analytical skills are required:
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter